Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tonight

Tonight I think about all the things I would like to do tomorrow... like eat ice cream, catch fireflies, and look at the stars. But as a Mom, I know there are other things that must come first, like cleaning the toilets, watering the tomatoes, and writing my review that is coming due in a couple of days. 


This is the life we often live as Moms, caught somewhere between two lists. The "fun Mom" list and the "loving, responsible Mom" list. 


Let me encourage you, the two CAN blend together. 


Don't let your necessary "to do" list overwhelm the time you have each day to spend on your kids, but rather learn to love your kids through both work and fun. It won't hurt your kids (and it might even help them) to learn to do chores. One thing we can't get back is time, so spend yours wisely. Now that our girls are inching up almost as tall as me, I look back over what we've done together. What I remember is not always how they remember the past. I'm wanting to make good memories for all of us.


So I'm striving to be a balanced Mom, one who does the necessary things, but still has time & energy for the fun things. My husband is right, I can be a stick-in-the-mud when I don't want to do something. Usually that's because I'm just plain tired. Now it's up to me to keep myself organized enough that I'm not running on empty when it's family time.


So tonight I'll go to bed, praying for wisdom for myself, and safe travels for our friends, and maybe, just maybe, tomorrow can hold both clean toilets AND time to watch the stars. Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment