Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thankful Thursdays- 12/27/12 - B vitamins

Ok, I know this one is not in the same vein as the other recent "Thankful Thursday" posts...but still, it is something I am quite thankful for. A long time ago (about 8 or 9 years), in a dark, dreary, depressed place I slugged along. 2 young girls, homeschooling, working part time...PMS lasting a week or more every month. It was not a very happy life (for me or for my family.) There was work stress, and money stress, and well, frankly, I was not a pleasant person to be around.

Then one of my friends suggested I try a B Complex. After all, B vitamins are water soluable, so I wasn't likely to overdose. Well, I tried some, and I wasn't as depressed, and I slept better, but something was still missing. Then I upped the dosage, and it was like the sun broke through the clouds!

How could such a small thing make such a difference? If you really want to know, ask me, I'd be happy to give you the scientific side sometime, but to not bore the rest of my readers, let's just sum it up like this "THEY WORKED!"

Depression is an ugly thing. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) isn't much fun either. While I won't say I never struggle with either one anymore, I will firmly state that I am SO MUCH BETTER than I was before. My family, they like PMS not taking over the house (& me) every month. They know if I've missed my B Complex, and they'll go get it for me.

Now, I'm not talking about just getting my US RDA, I'm talking about being serious about my health. What I take is a higher dosage than the RDA minumums, but it works for me. I know that the investment of money I spend on my B Complex has a great return. People call me things like "cheerful" again. I like that, I like it a lot. Sometimes God presents us with a tool to use. For me, B Complex is a God-given tool I use daily, to sustain me, to improve my quality of life, to help me be a better mother and wife.

If you've been in that dark place, let me encourage you to get more information about B vitamins. They just might be the tool that God uses to bring you back to the sun. You can find more info on my website at this link.

What is the tool God is giving you? Find it and use it!




No comments:

Post a Comment