Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thankful Thursdays - 1/31/13 - Blogging friends

Do you like to read blogs? I first heard about blogs about a decade ago, when I first read my sister-in-law's. Needless to say, the world of blogging has exploded in the past ten years. After all, you're here perusing Home sweet Life today, something you couldn't do a short two years ago...

The how and why of people choosing to blog are as varied as the people who write, but you probably have a few favorites. I know I do. We try to always have encouraging things here at Home Sweet Life. The world around us can, at times, be tough and depressing, so we're trying to shine a light in the darkness.

Today I would like to tell you a little part of why I am thankful for my blogging friends, and then invite you to visit some of their blogs as well.

Having an idea to blog about isn't the hard part. The hard part comes after the idea. Just how will you communicate your idea, opinion, or inspiration? My friends that have been blogging longer than I have are great resources. They write with varying styles, which often reminds me that I too can choose to change things up. Some of their blogs are mostly pictures, some mostly text, and many of them have a separate 'reviews' area. 

One of my favorite blogging friends is Marcy. She is my go-to gal for all things technical. (She even made SWL's blog button!) Marcy is always willing to answer my questions, which is good, because I have a lot of them! Someday I'll be in the position to share from my knowledge of blogging to help a new blogger. For that, we'll both be thankful for Marcy.

Other friends share about places they go, or activities they've done with their children. Those often inspire me to plan something fun for our family. Others are experienced gardeners, or always seem to know about the best giveaways. While the possibilities are endless, my time to read blogs is not. So, I often take recommendations from friends about which blogs, or which specific posts to read.

I am also thankful for my friends who read blogs...like you! Often friends will post a link on facebook to a blog they respect. Because this is such a great way to let others know about great blog posts, without overfilling their email inboxes, we too use facebook. In fact, we've recently started a fb page for Home Sweet Life:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeSweetLife 
We would love it if you would stop by and "like" the page. We'll be using it to introduce you to our blogging friends, and we often post links to posts we think you'll especially like. So stop by, meet our friends, and feel free to leave a comment with a link to your blog if you have one. We'd love to stop by and visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment