Saturday, August 10, 2013

Thankful Thursdays - 8/1/13 - the Dollar Store

There are time when I am just thankful for the small things. Like this week. I've been thinking about some good deals I've gotten at the Dollar Store recently. One of my biggest finds was dividers, you know, the kind your kid always seems to need for their notebook? I was ecstatic to find these at the dollar store. Usually we have to make a trip to the big box store, or office supply store to get some. Let me tell you, they're NEVER a dollar there. In fact, we needed some for a review once, and I asked Kurt to get them. He said "$3.99! What does she need them for?" He reluctantly bought them... with a caveat that Emily had better use them!

So yes, I'm a school supply junkie, and I get great joy out of finding deals at the dollar store.

Another thing I found at the dollar store recently was a 100 sheet notepad of wide ruled 5-3/4" by 8-1/2" paper. Why is this a big deal? Because I have a mini-sized binder that uses those sized sheets. Usually they cost about $3.50 a package...but with my dollar store find, I took the pad home, pulled off the sheets and used my trusty 3-hole punch myself. I know, some of you may say that your time is more valuable...but I used the other $2.50 I saved to buy the dividers (and cover the sales tax.)So it was totally worth my 5-10 minutes to punch some holes!

So, what is your best dollar store find? Leave a comment & we'll be thankful right alongside you!

No comments:

Post a Comment