Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Thankful Thursdays - 9/19/13 - the forest

Where do you go to get away? What do you do when you're feeling overwhelmed? Do you have a place, or an activity, that helps you get out of the brain fog and back into life?

One of my favorite things to do is to go into the forest. The change of scenery, the fresh air, and the different nuances of color give me many reasons to be thankful!


So today, I'd like to say how thankful I am for the multitude of forests in Indiana! Often I go to a State Park to get away...sometimes I even take my family with me! LOL!


I didn't post this last Thursday---because I was getting packed for a weekend in the forest! I feel like the brain fog has lifted. We came home a good kind of tired. We went away with friends, so the weekend included some much-needed fellowship as well as time away from home.


I came home with a renewed desire to de-clutter our house. Have you ever noticed that a forest is filled with trees, yet it is NOT cluttered?



Maybe you can take a trip, a day, or even just an hour, and get away to a forest near you. You'll be thankful you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment