Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thankful Thursday - 10/24/2013 - A Full Year

It has been almost a year since we began these Thankful Thursday posts. Some weeks it is really easy to come up with a topic to be thankful for . . . other weeks are more challenging. One thing it has taught me is that I can ALWAYS find something to be thankful for if I look hard enough.

Living in America, I have found it is easy to get distracted from the important things - by the urgent things. I have never lived anywhere else, although I have been blessed with friends who have or do live in foreign countries. 

Anytime I leave my house, there seems to be something else to do or buy that requires money. But hardly any of those things are important in light of eternity. Why am I so easily distracted?

God has been teaching me a lot this past year about contentment. I'm not saying I've achieved contentment yet - because I haven't - but I'm starting to understand. I really want to live a life that glorifies God. In order to do that, I know I need to be thankful for all that He has done for us, including all He has provided. I also need to understand that God does things for HIS glory, not mine.

So today, instead of just choosing one or two things to be thankful for, I'd like to share a few snapshots of things that have happened in our rather-full year so far.

By the way- when I started this idea, I was going to just do Thankful Thursday posts for a year. I think we'll continue further. I hope we have been a blessing to you, and in the midst of whatever is going on in your world, we have encouraged you to take time to be thankful!

So here goes: (in no particular order)

Arlene & Emily completing their 4-H sewing projects on time (& looking great!)


Apple tree blossoms, that turned into apples...and apple jelly!


Rosie's Doll Clothes review that taught Arlene how to make cute outfits for her Ariel doll :)
You can read the whole review next week!



Family Camp with our church


One of many hikes through the forest


Jello... need I say more?


A roadtrip to Oklahoma, and a bunch of fun side stops!


Popcorn that grew, and matured, and is now waiting to be popped & eaten


Fun at the Indy 500 car show day


Our whole family at the State Fair


Strawberries. . . the best part of gardening?!
I think it is at least one of our favorites.


So take a look through YOUR year, what do you have to be thankful for ?

No comments:

Post a Comment