Friday, January 31, 2014

Thankful Thursdays - 1/30/14 - 32 Degrees

I was amazed (yes, amazed) to walk out of work this Friday morning and realize it was a balmy 32 degrees. It really HAD warmed up after I went to work Thursday evening!

Why the amazement? In the past 2 weeks we've only had 3 days where it reached the freezing mark. We live in Central Indiana, our AVERAGE high is 34, with an average low of 19. We have spent almost all month below the average, with at least 3 or 4 days where the high was 0 or below. That's right, we have been having the type of weather you normally read about for a winter storm in Duluth, MN or Bismarck, ND.

I have lived in Indiana my whole life. I cannot recall a January being this cold with this much wind. 

32 degrees F  is balmy based on this past month. I am thankful for the warmer weather, even if it probably will bring more snow.

Snow, I don't mind snow. After all, I live here, and we have 3 snow shovels. What has made me grumpy (I know, a bad choice on my part) is the snow and the COLD!

Today, I am thankful it is not so cold... and that I smell pumpkin bread baking in the oven.

I think it's time to go be thankful for some hot chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment