Tuesday, September 30, 2014

All the Lonely People

Today while I was at work, I noticed something I've noticed before - there are a lot of lonely people in my town. At first I thought, "Why are so many people sad?" Then I realized that they're probably not actually sad, but I think a lot of them are quite lonely. That brought to mind the Beatles' song...and the lyrics. You know which one I mean, Eleanor Rigby.

That got me thinking, what am I doing to help the people in my town be less lonely? Where am I giving of my time, my listening ear, my smile, to brighten someone else's day? Step one should be to slow down, to notice the people around me. Step two? Do something! I'm not quite sure where this will lead me to go, but I just wanted to share a peek into my journey. Maybe you'll notice the lonely people where you live. 

If you've ever been lonely, you  should know why I want to encourage and cheer those around us. For now, I'm going to make sure I look at people's faces, then when I smile, maybe they'll see it. If you're struck with ideas of how to brighten the days of lonely people, leave a comment below, maybe your idea will spark someone else to action.

If you've been lonely today, know that you are not invisible, God sees you even when no one else does, and that I'm praying for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment