Thursday, January 15, 2015

Thankful Thursdays - 1/15/15 - It's the little things...

Thankful Thursdays, thankfulness
How often do you feel thankful? 

Could our busy lives and hard hearts be the reason why we're not thankful more often? Perhaps in this world of microwave popcorn and drive-thru restaurants we have forgotten how to slow down, how to be still, how to be thankful. Last night at church we were reminded that the gifts God has given us are for the building up of the Body of Christ. When was the last time you focused on building up someone other than yourself? I believe the two are often intertwined. If we stop and take time to think about the many, many little things we have to be thankful for, will that not spill over into us encouraging others? Would you like to be an encourager? I would.

What were the little things that God did for you this week that encouraged you? Are any of them things you have shared with your friends to encourage them? Have you rejoiced this week? Why not sit down right now and write out five things that encouraged you this week. Five things to be thankful for.

I'll go first:
1- the beauty of yesterday morning's frost - swirls and swooshes all over my vehicle
2- our girls made bread - warm, yummy, slather it with butter bread
3- Kurt told me he loves me... twenty years into marriage, it's still great to hear it often!
4- the house is warm
5- God is still on His throne, and He loves me! Through Christ's amazing sacrifice I have been forgiven and accepted.

These are all things I can talk about. These could each be an encouragement to someone else if I just take the time to tell about them, if I just take the time to slow down and recognize that there are people around me who could use some encouragement.

My friend Joy sent me a small package this week. It was a scarf. It isn't something that was a life-or-death need, yet it encouraged me. It reminded me that she thinks about others and wants to build them up. 

Won't you join me this week in being thankful for the little things and using them to build someone else up? God wants to use us - let Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment