Saturday, February 28, 2015

Week 8 - The Living Room, or, Why small spaces need TLC too!

This week's challenge from Michele was fairly simple. Clean your Living Room. Ok, maybe not so simple, because first you have to actually be home, second you have to go to the living room, and third...your living room might be a real mess. Today was the first day this week we didn't have something extra going on, so I figured I needed to get to work.

If you read last week's post you might remember that a lot of what is in the Living Room is Kurt's. Since he didn't have time to clean this week (two jobs will do that to you sometimes,) I focused on the small corners that have my stuff... or the girls' and my things. 

Small spaces need TLC too!

Our living room isn't big, maybe 12' x 14' so anything out of place shows up. Thats part of why I try not to keep much in here. It's not a relaxing place to be when books are left out or blankets not put away. When the room is clean it can be a real haven. 

Pull, purge, dust, organize.



Next week will be infinitely more involved since Michele challenged us to sort, clean, and de-clutter our books - yikes! I will probably need at least two weeks for that task. At least this shelf is already done!


Yes, that is a tote full of Steeler's stuff... mostly Kurt's Terrible Towel collection. For a flashback to when the girls were little, scroll down on this Post-Gazette article to the 9/19/2007 section. It features Kurt and his friend Jason.

The Living Room does look much better now, I even dusted around the ceiling, which is no small feat since its 9 feet high! Hopefully now I can get the girls to vacuum for me, and we can start on those book shelves for next time!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. The corners in your living room look good. Bookshelves can get so dusty, glad you are ahead on the next challenge. I didn't get to the bookshelf in my living room, so I'll be attempting it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about small spaces showing things more easily. Looks like you did a great job, and are already one bookcase ahead for this week! (and it looks fantastic!)I am impressed with the fact that you braved 9 foot ceilings! Way to go and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete