Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thankful Thursdays - 3/19/15 - Hurry Up Spring!

The weather was nice earlier this week, and we finally got a chance to have fun outdoors! In the midst of it, we got lots of exercise, and absorbed a lot of sunshine - both wonderful reasons to be thankful!

On Sunday evening, we dropped the girls off at a local park to play Ultimate Frisbee with their friends. Kurt and I spent the time hiking around the trails at the park, including one of our favorites that goes under the train bridge. We saw several pairs of mallard ducks, along with a few other brave hikers... it was a bit muddy. The creek was running swiftly as it had not only snow melt, but also rainwater from Friday and Saturday.

On Monday afternoon I went out on the front porch to do some Winter Sowing of Tomatoes and Peppers. Yes, it WAS still Winter sowing even if I'm about a month behind my usual schedule because Spring doesn't arrive until tomorrow! While outside I heard the distinctive rat-a-tat of one of our woodpeckers. I guess even the bugs are moving around waiting for Spring to arrive!

I hope you had a wonderful week, and found many things to be thankful for!





No comments:

Post a Comment