Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Week 11 - The Bathrooms

34 weeks of cleaning with friends
Michele gave us the task of cleaning and decluttering our bathrooms for week 11. Since Emily & Arlene clean the bathrooms twice each week, there wasn't a lot that needed done on the cleaning part... however, the decluttering needed some help. Our upstairs half-bath was my targeted area for this week. Since our 105 year old house is short on closets, a lot of things get stored under this double sink. The left cabinet is for cleaning towels and extra shampoo, plus a couple items that don't fit anywhere else, like the foot bath. Yes, those are baby wipes. They clean as well as the fancy bathroom wipes, but they're less toxic, and a whole lot cheaper!



All this cabinet really needed was some TLC. Once I sorted the towels by size, and moved the ones for the kitchen back downstairs, it was a snap to put everything back in the cabinet again. The other cabinet holds our extra bath and beach towels, plus my hairdryer and curling irons. That side stays neater, since there aren't as many small towels to get shoved around.

34 weeks of cleaning with friends

After the cabinets were finished, I decided to clean out my drawer. The girls and Kurt will have to do their own drawers. I threw out some broken barrettes and cleaned out the random hairs that get away from the brush. Overall, this wasn't a difficult task, I just needed to set aside the time to get it done.

34 weeks of cleaning with friends


Next week's task is the DVD's. Hmm... that might take more time.

Have a great week! (Go clean something!)


2 comments:

  1. I like what you've done. I have some of those baskets in our master bath but didn't think to put any in my daughter's bathroom. Awful mother am I! Off to remedy that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bathroom cabinet looks great and getting those wayward hairs out of a drawer is a must when deep cleaning :)

    ReplyDelete