Thursday, March 12, 2015

Week 9 - Books, the Continuing Saga


34 weeks of cleaning with friends
I knew this week was coming. We were going to have to face the bookshelves in our house. I just didn't expect that Michele's challenge would come on a week that was so full of everything else as well. I knew weren't going to get them all sorted this week. After all, we have 14 bookshelves of various sizes around our house. Besides schoolwork, and church, we also had a lot going on this week... a trip to the art museum, a day of spinning for Arlene, watching bald eagles come in to roost, and group Literature class for the girls.

At least two of the bookshelves had already been conquered in the kitchen and the living room. The issue was with all those other rooms. Besides the bathrooms, the only room without a bookshelf in our home is the dining room.

So what to do about the vastness of this week's challenge? 1- hand it off to the teenagers OR 2- cut it up into bite-sized pieces... OR 3- do both! I opted for #3 since I was hardly ever home this week to work on it. I figure if we keep on working on one bookshelf a week, we should be finished by the end of May.

34 weeks of cleaning with friends

This week the girls tackled the bookshelves in their room. As I type, Emily is still working on hers, but Arlene came in just under the wire so I could show you what was accomplished.

If you didn't get all your books cleaned & decluttered this week - don't panic! Our goal is a less cluttered, cleaner house in 34 weeks. Just keep picking a task and working on it each week. You will be glad you did! I'll try to remember to post pictures of the other bookshelves as we get them sorted and cleaned. I'll probably find some good books to sell as well, so keep an eye on our Facebook page!

34 weeks of cleaning with friends

Have a wonderful week!





2 comments:

  1. Great before and after! That is a lot of books, well done! Glad you snuck the link in before it close, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A neatly organized but full bookcase is one of the most beautiful things to me... :-) Great job!

    ReplyDelete