Saturday, July 11, 2015

In the Fridge

produce heavy lifestyle

Inside my fridge you will find an assortment of produce, some fresh whole milk, farm fresh eggs, and either something defrosting for dinner, or the leftover from earlier in the week. It seems like as fast as I fill up the fridge, my family empties it. Does this happen in your home too?

We shop at a variety of stores, plus the local Farmer’s Market for produce. I try my best to purchase our meat directly from the farmer who raises it, but I know that’s not always possible, or realistic for the budget, but we do our best.

What else is in the fridge? Depends on the day. Today besides the produce (blueberries, carrots, celery, lettuce, a mango, avocados, and raspberries and strawberries in the freezer,) it also includes ketchup, mayonnaise, olives, pickle relish, beef and chicken broth, lemon juice, fruit juice, yogurt, cheese of four various kinds, some leftover ground beef and baked chicken, and strawberry jam.

When I actually opened the fridge to take a picture I also saw: spaghetti sauce, butter, aloe, celery, potatoes, a lemon, a grapefruit, and some GMO-free sweet corn. Guess what’s for dinner tomorrow?!

Is there something you try to ALWAYS keep in your fridge? Leave a comment and let me know what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment