Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Special Recipe

Do you have a special recipe that everyone raves about? You know what I mean right? The recipe that everyone says “Oh, I’m so glad you brought that again!” I’ll admit that I’m not much of a cook, but I love to bake. The problem is, who wants to bake in the summer when you’re already running the air conditioner? Not me, and not my girls either.

Enter the crock-pot.

Who doesn’t love the ease of putting the ingredients in the crock-pot, turning it on, and forgetting about it until dinner? Like I said earlier, I’m no great cook, but I do love to use my crock-pot.

My Mom didn’t have a crock-pot, so learning how to use one was all new to me. I wondered time and again why my friend only used theirs for entrees. Why not use them for desserts?

I love pumpkin pie. My Mom’s recipe is the best. I’ve even requested it instead of birthday cake. Who has time in the summer to make a pie crust and then babysit the oven for an hour and half while it bakes? I wondered if I could adapt the pumpkin pie recipe, turns out its delicious!

We affectionately call it “pumpkin stuff.”

I’ve blogged about it before, and it’s one of our most-visited posts.


Without further ado, click on over and learn how to make your own pumpkin stuff - you’ll be glad you did!


http://home-sweet-life.blogspot.com/2011/12/pumpkin-stuff.html

1 comment:

  1. I love pumpkin pie. In a pie crust, in a crockpot, anywhere. Checking out your recipe!

    ReplyDelete