Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thankful Thursdays - 7/16/15 - Photography

Thankfulness, photography

I am so thankful for the invention photography! I have been blessed over the years to be able to record so many memories through photographs. My parents taught me how to use a camera at an early age (back in the day of black and white prints and 110 cameras.) I continue to take photos today, more than three decades later, because they remind me of how blessed I truly am. 


I have taken thousands of photos in my lifetime. 


My husband Kurt appreciates that now I can view them on the computer before printing, instead of waiting and waiting for developing, and then being disappointed at the ones that didn't turnout as I had hoped.


Photography has changed a lot since the Civil War. What hasn't changed is our desire to show to others what we have seen with our own eyes.



Both of our girls like to take photographs. 

Today was photography judging for 4-H. Not only was I thankful for an opportunity for our girls to talk to the judge about their work, I was thankful to see that photography is an interest they share with so many of their friends. When their group of teens spends time truly caring for one another and encouraging one another in their photography - cheering each other on - it helps build the bonds of friendship that last.


I inherited a lot of old family photos from my Grandma. I like to look through them and see what my relatives looked like when they were young. Some of the outfits make me chuckle. 


Probably my favorite photo is one my Grandma gave me not long after Kurt and I were married. It is a picture of her sitting on my Grandpa's shoulder. She told me it was taken around the time they were married. 
It reminds me that life should be full of love and joy.


Even in the difficult times of life, a photograph can remind us of love and joy. A simple picture can be used by God to remind us of His faithfulness.


What are you thankful for today?





No comments:

Post a Comment