Thursday, July 9, 2015

Thankful Thursdays - 7/9/15 - Circumstances

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God In Christ Jesus for you. 
I Thessalonians 5:18

As I sit here to write another Thankful Thursday post, I am reminded of this verse from Thessalonians. It does not say give thanks for all circumstances, but to give thanks IN all circumstances. 

Circumstances change, God does not. Even when we’re having a rough day, a rough week, or even a tough year, we are still commanded to give thanks. Think back to the two verses before this one in I Thessalonians: 

16 Rejoice always
17 pray without ceasing

When we focus on the goodness of God, we CAN rejoice and give thanks. Spending time in daily communion with Christ keeps our focus on God, and not on ourselves.

1 Thessalonians 5


Last night at church we sang  Tis so Sweet to Trust in Jesus. Add this to the list of my favorite hymns - which is about 200 songs long…
Verse three reminded me once again of where my focus should be, and made me give thanks once again for all Christ has done for me.

Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and help to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life, and rest, and joy, and peace.


Give thanks in your circumstances today, whatever they are. Spend time with Jesus - life, rest, joy, and peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment