Friday, July 3, 2015

Weeks 19 & 20 ~ The Other Bedrooms

clean your room
If we were on schedule, which we’re not, I would be blogging about week 26 and cleaning out and decluttering our attic. Except we are not on schedule, and the attic is HOT. So, let’s go back to some things that have been getting cleaned and decluttered, but we just haven’t had time to write about. 

Back in weeks 19 & 20 our challenge from Michele was to work on the other bedrooms. (Every other bedroom except the master one we had supposedly already cleaned.) I’ll let you in on a not-so-secret thing: life happens. In our house life happens right now with Kurt working nights. That means to clean the master bedroom, I would have to start it at 9 p.m. and work overnight. Not going to happen. I purged and cleaned the closet, and I try to keep the rest of it picked up. I even like to make the bed, although some days that seems pointless since it’s only a couple of hours until someone will sleep in in again- KWIM?

Back to my point. I told the girls about cleaning THEIR bedrooms back in week 19, and they’ve each cleaned their room several times since then. The problem being that when they were clean, I was too busy or too tired to take pictures. Then when I had time to squeak in a blog post, their rooms were messy again. Anyone else have teenagers? If you do, then you know exactly what I mean.

clean your room


Earlier this week I left for work one morning with this message to Emily and Arlene: “Clean your rooms and take pictures. Otherwise I’m going to blog about how awful your rooms look.”

Yes, it worked. Their rooms weren’t spotless, but they were much, much better when I got home. It really helped the girls that they had already purged their dressers and donated several small bags of clothing they had outgrown. 

clean your room


Emily still needs to work on her bookcases, and Arlene needs to work on her desk, but considering that both girls are in the throes of 4-H sewing, they did a good job. Personally, I’ll be happy when next Thursday arrives and the first of the 4-H projects goes off for judging. I’ve been working on the yard, but with all the rain we had in June, its hard to tell a difference. Once 4-H is over, I’ll get back to trying to catch up on this cleaning journey. It’s definitely a journey - not a one day thing!


What have you been working on?

1 comment:

  1. Bedrooms are hard to keep clean all the time because of all the use they get. Kudos to your girls for working to keep up with them.

    ReplyDelete