Friday, October 23, 2015

#500 ~ Be Different!


For this, our 500th post, I wanted to share something that has been on my heart lately.

The world finds us strange when we are different. We don't need to be different just for the sake of being different, or to draw attention to ourselves. We need to be different because God made us each unique.

For example: Last week I was leaving town to run some errands. I knew I would be gone a couple hours so I stopped by Starbucks and used the gift card one of my friends gave me last year. You would have laughed if you could have seen the look on the face of the male barista when I said I just wanted a scone. What, no coffee? No, no coffee. 

I'll confess, I don't even like coffee, but I enjoy a good scone or slice of lemon pound cake on occasion. I'm different. God made me that way. More coffee for the rest of you! :)

See the maple leaf in the picture above? God made it different too. It was one of thousands on our tree, yet is shines its own beauty just as well or even better as an individual as it did while still on the tree.

Be different.

Being different isn't about drawing attention, its just about being yourself. 

If you're struggling with who you are, ask God to show you who He wants you to be. I'm on that journey myself. So far? I know it doesn't involve coffee. It involves losing my selfishness and finding myself kept in God's mighty hands.

You are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment