Monday, December 28, 2015

Luke 2:20

Luke 2:20, encouragement, Christmas


The shepherds returned.

They could not stay forever in the presence of the newborn King.

Seeing Jesus had an enormous impact on their lives, and yet, their jobs as shepherds, and the needs of their sheep called them back to the fields.

How will the impact of spending time in the remembrance of Christ as a babe impact our lives in the coming week, next month, next year? Will we be different? Will our words be kinder, will our actions bring glory to God?

Will you allow God's impact to show forth in your tomorrow because of what He has done for you today? 
Are you changed by time in His presence?

Too often we try to put Christ's impact on our lives back into a box about the same time as we pack up our Christmas decorations. This should not be!

I want my life to be different because of Christmas. I want to live my life in a way that the joy I find in celebrating the birth of the Messiah carries forth into the rest of the year. I do not want to put aside Jesus when I put away the ornaments.

I am choosing to put aside myself and cling to Christ. He has not made me perfect yet, but He is perfecting me.

Will you join me in choosing to let Christ impact our everyday lives long after the world puts away Christmas? Will you choose to make time for the worship of Christ amongst the care of meeting those needs of your families and jobs?


May we join together as the body of Christ, glorifying and praising God!



Go tell it on the mountain, over the hills and everywhere, go tell it on the mountain, that Jesus Christ is born!



No comments:

Post a Comment