Thursday, June 16, 2016

To the Mama in the trenches of daily life...

Mama wisdom, burnout, trust issues


To the Mama in the trenches of daily life...


I have been where you are:


- sleep deprived

- emotionally exhausted

- wondering if they'll ever be potty trained

- wondering if they will ever read just for fun

- wondering if long division will be the straw that breaks the camel's back and sends you over the edge of no return...


I've been there and I know some of the lies you've been believing:


- I'm not smart enough to teach them

- I need to do more x, y, & z every day

- We'll get caught up if we just work harder...and longer

- my husband just doesn't understand

- I just can't take it anymore, I must have a break!


And I know God's answers to me, which are also for you:


God is always enough!

YOU are the perfect teacher for your child...because of your imperfections!

Your husband does not have to understand, he only needs to love you. God understands, and He loves you more than you can fathom!

Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body. (Ecclesiastes 12:12)

His grace is sufficient for you, for His power is made perfect in weakness (2 Cor 12:9)

Your children will learn to read in their own time, they will understand long division,... and some day ~ they'll even be able to do their own laundry!


For all the things I used to be anxious about as a Mama in the trenches ~ The answer is JESUS!


For all the things that still drive me batty about my teens ~ The answer is Jesus. 

The answer, my friends, is ALWAYS Jesus!

Know that He cares for you, and you are loved.





3 comments:

  1. What a great post! You definitely have been where I am. Thank you for the encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention I'm here from the Christian Fellowship post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The answer is always that God understands and he calls us to be more than who we think we are, and he always knows our need and the best way to meet that need. He met them all through Jesus indeed.

    Your post is a good reminder to check where we are in the light of who God is. :) visiting via CFF.

    ReplyDelete