Tuesday, November 1, 2016

NaNoWriMo...Take One

nanowrimo, novel writing, first time writers

Today is November 1st. That means it is kickoff day for NaNoWriMo 2016!

Just in case you're not familiar with the term, it stand for National Novel Writing Month, and their website is nanowrimo.org

I'm calling this Take One because we have not participated in past years. This year, Arlene is setting her goal to write her story during the month ( at least the rough draft, which is the point of NaNoWriMo!) Some of her favorite authors have shared that they began their books during NaNoWriMo.

I'm not planning to write a novel, but I am going to at least start on my book. It is an idea I talked about with my friend a couple of years ago and I think its time to put pen to paper and see how it goes. Will I get it written his month? I have no idea. I am thankful that I can write knowing that God will direct my paths, and hopefully my pen too!

Our library hosted a kickoff workshop this evening that we attended. You might want to see if your library or local college is having events this month.

If you or your children are interested in NaNoWriMo hop on over to the website and see all of the information they share. There is a  specific plan for teen writers as well. Of course, I only know this because Arlene looked it up! :) Yea for self-sufficient kids!

Later this month I'll let you know how our projects are doing. In the meanwhile...go write something!


No comments:

Post a Comment