Friday, June 2, 2017

Future

Today’s word from Kate for Five minute Friday is: future



five minute friday writing prompts, future, trusting God

Go!

When people ask me about my future plans, I respond that I do not know. Why do they often ask me about my future? Probably because our youngest daughter will be a high school senior this fall, and once she graduates I will no longer be homeschooling. After 15 years of educating our daughters at home, I am sure that it will be a transition period in my life. After all, undertaking the education of our girls has been a large part of my life, our lives, our family, for all of those years.

While I do not know what MY future holds, I do know WHO holds it. I know that God has a plan for the next season in my life, but as I was telling my own Mom over lunch today, He hasn’t revealed it to me yet. 

I am content to rest in the knowledge that He is the unchangeable God of the Universe, and as long as HE knows my future, I do not need to worry about it!

What lies behind the horizon? Another adventure. I will look forward to the new path God sets me on… but for today? Today, I am going to embrace the blessing I already have, and hug my girls one more time. Kiss them on the tops of their heads when they come to tell me good night, and plan to stay up and watch the stars with them this summer.

The future belongs to God.


Stop!



Be sure to head over to the new Five minute Friday website to read all of today's thoughts on: future

4 comments:

  1. It is great to know the one who holds the future! What a comfort and hope! Next to you #74.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We go through so many different seasons and if we can do that without worrying it makes everything better. It's good to be content and accept what God has planned for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing and bravo for Completing homeschooling! What can we rest in except the Lord's plans. He was faithful to this point, He will continue. #74 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it will be interesting to see where God takes you eh? :)

    ReplyDelete