Friday, October 6, 2017

Day 6



Christian living, 31 day writing challenge, five minute friday writing prompt

On day 6 God made the livestock, the beast of the earth, and the creeping things. Then He made man. Adam was made in the image of God. Genesis 1:26 states: Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..." So the triune God created first Adam, and then Eve.

Why is day 6 significant? That is when God made the first man, even as His omnipotent triune self knew that one day man would choose to walk away and sin, God made Adam anyway. God had a plan before He began the creation of time, and then the world, to save us from ourselves.

I am so thankful that God's thoughts are higher and deeper than mine. I am thankful for a God who thousands of years ago could look into the future and know I would need His receptive work on the cross, and still loved the thought of me enough to make Adam and Eve, and place them in the garden of Eden. The next time you see a garden, may it remind you of just how great is His loves towards us.



p.s. If you were looking for me to write on the five minute friday prompt, you'll have to wait until next week to read it. :) I'm at a writing conference all day today and have decided to leave my computer behind and focus on what God wants to teach me today. Have a lovely weekend!


Christian living, 31 day writing challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment