Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Remember



Christian living, 31 day writing challenge, remember


Many times in the Old Testament God commanded the Israelites to remember His works. He commanded them to take 12 stones out of the river after they had crossed so they would remember what He had done for them. When their children would see the stones and ask why they were there, God wanted them to tell the story of their entrance to the promised land.

What memory do you look back at to remember God's faithfulness? What are you remembering, and sharing with your own children about God's faithfulness. About His goodness as He has led you to the place where you are now?

I remember being at my Grandfather's funeral when I was 10. I remember the preacher talking about how Grandpa was in heaven because he trusted God, how he walked with God and read his Bible. I wanted to know more about how to get to heaven. I knew my grandpa had loved me, and I wanted to be able to see him again. That is a vivid memory of the beginning of my search for a relationship with Christ. While you might think that going to church each week is enough for a child to seek after God, it usually is not. We need to remember to talk with our children about our own relationship with God, and about the assurance of salvation that believers have. We need to remember that only God gives peace, and talk with our children about how they can have that peace.

Remember God's goodness and mercy - and share it with the next generation.




Christian living, 31 day writing challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment